Hi Everyone

I would like to share what I am up to during my stay in the UK! Follow me as I explore the city, learn new things and experience life in a new country. I will miss all my friends but remember I am only a phone call, text, or skype away!

Sunday, October 3, 2010

New Diet

A few people know that since I have been here I have been experimenting with a vegan diet! I choose to try it for health reasons. Many people have been very confused with the decision and it has been really challenging because, of course, i love meat & cheese (as you can see from my previous post).

To my surprise, it has not been as difficult to cook or go out with friends as you would expect! I have had no meat or cheese and only a handful of dairy products since Dulles airport.

I'll show you some things that I have been eating recently:
*My first experience cooking with puff pastry ... haha hopefully it will be better next time!
I am a fan of chicken pot pie & i was trying to replace it with something with veggies.
Alot of things I have been trying! Fake meat seem to be pretty good with the exception of sausage. It alls tastes good with alot of Franks!(yes !!! hot sauce has made it over here)

Eating out:
London is such a diverse city there are soooo many choices! Alot of great vegan/vegetarian options!I had actually met up with friends at a wonderful restaurant called "Gourmet Burger" and was able to leave full & happy!
                                                                   my "burger"

Last night I went to a restaurant called "El Cantara"in SoHo. Soho I think is my new favorite spot & i can't wait to go back!! Unluckily... all I took a picture of was the sangria! haha, yes since  it is a new change I have cheated a little bit. I have had 2 hot chocolates from the school's coffee shop, a gin & tonic, and a few glasses of sangria!

No comments:

Post a Comment