Hi Everyone

I would like to share what I am up to during my stay in the UK! Follow me as I explore the city, learn new things and experience life in a new country. I will miss all my friends but remember I am only a phone call, text, or skype away!

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Some Events

This year my uni has really encouraged us to attend as many events as possible to learn about different industries and most importantly, network.  Some of them were really interesting and fun!

Professors and our class representatives have planned several Marketing Symposiums each semester. Different speakers have come just to speak to our program!

Some pictures: (I actually got these from the blog: (http://mbsmarketingthinktank.blogspot.com/)

In the past few weeks I also attended:

Technology for Marketing and Advertising Exhibition 

We talked to different venders, and heard several different speakers. The two I enjoyed most were Boots and Acuity.

Boots is basically an equivalent CVS or a Rite Aide. They have cosmetics, pharmacy, grooming products, odds and ends like that. At home, Target actually carries "Number 7" make-up.  The Boots speaker told us all about their loyalty card program which was really interesting.






With information they collect on the cards they are able to figure out who is shopping in their stores and want they want!  They know so much they offer different specials tailored to each location.

This is the Boots ad I have seen the most:

Acuity http://www.acuity-ets.com/
is a company that specializes in eye tracking! They use glasses to follow what your eyes focus on when you look at an ad. 

Last week I attended the the  international food & drink event (IFE). One of the professors at University of Westminster had a stand promoting a beverage called fresco. I had the best time! Different vendors brought their products from literally all over the world. I made the mistake of not eating lunch before but by the end I was actually full from trying different samples.  Some pictures:









No comments:

Post a Comment