Hi Everyone

I would like to share what I am up to during my stay in the UK! Follow me as I explore the city, learn new things and experience life in a new country. I will miss all my friends but remember I am only a phone call, text, or skype away!

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Royal Wedding!!

People from back home keep asking me about Prince William and Kate Middleton's wedding.  At first, I wasn't very excited. What exactly does the Royal Family do? Not a lot of Brits have been able to give me a satisfying answer. Most people simply say that the family is good for attracting tourists which is important income!

I watched the movie The King's Speech but this didn't really help either...but I did enjoy it!

But then it happened! Little by little, I have become really really interested in all things Royal Wedding related. I read all the stories, look at magazines, and am even considering getting a hat. Stores are selling memorabilia even pillows with their faces and even THESE (&%&??!!)





My fascination, I think, happened because I love Kate Middleton. I love learning about her dress (one of my friends has a friend who knows the designer!) and what she is up to now that she is about to be a Royal.



I love learning about her because there are more and more things that I like. She shops at Top Shop, at one point worked a 9-5 job, goes to the gym.... ok, I guess that's where the similarities between us end.

Richard Lowe, head of retail and wholesale at Barclays Corporate says: “Kate Middleton is expected to do for many British high street names what Michelle Obama did for J Crew in the US. Shoppers really
get inspired by these big glossy images of her in styles which are very accessible.”

I recently found out that Lifetime has made a movie about the story of William & Kate so for all of you back home who wont be able to get near Westminster Abbey can watch THIS!

No comments:

Post a Comment