Hi Everyone

I would like to share what I am up to during my stay in the UK! Follow me as I explore the city, learn new things and experience life in a new country. I will miss all my friends but remember I am only a phone call, text, or skype away!

Sunday, September 19, 2010

"If you get sick... you will fail, if you take a vacation during exam time...you will fail, you will cry, you will definitely get lost, and..... this will be one of the BEST years of your life"

Whew! The past week has been super busy!!
My "course" is marketing communications which is called "MAMC" for short. The first two weeks we have an induction. Loads of different people from the University have been coming to speak to us.  The title of this blog are the most important messages that stayed with me from the Dean's speech on friday morning. It is going to be very hard & lots of work! After I finish posting this I will be off to complete my first HOMEWORK (ugh) assignment. There are about 70 people in my class & everyone is from different parts of the world. I have met people from India, Greece, Italy, Iran, China, Japan, Russia and Canada! I am the ONLY American! I hope I can represent the country well. Anyways, out of the 70 people there are only SIX guys. I cannot decide if they are really lucky or unlucky haha! Right now, they all sit together & are really quiet.

  The location of the Business school is really FABULOUS. It is right across the street from the tube station & in central London. Across the street are tons of little cafes & coffee places & pubs as well as a huge tourist attraction Madam Tussands ----> http://www.madametussauds.com/London/

The subway here makes DC's look tiny. It is huge & is like a maze. There are so many different lines and you have to walk in circles.

Anyways, I have tons to do. I'll write more later!

3 comments:

  1. My little baby Belle is growing up! Can't wait to visit you. Make sure to save me one of the quiet boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You aren't the only American anymore! Found your blog on facebook. I have one too! It's just easier to keep friends and family updated and then when we are moving back to the States it will be fun to read it from the beginning. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't realize my name wouldn't post... It's Ashley by the way.

    ReplyDelete