Hi Everyone

I would like to share what I am up to during my stay in the UK! Follow me as I explore the city, learn new things and experience life in a new country. I will miss all my friends but remember I am only a phone call, text, or skype away!

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Quarter Life Crisis, #2?

Last August, I turned 25, and I guess I can say I did experience the phenomenon of a quarter life crisis.

 I quit my job, went back to University, and moved to a new country.

If you're lucky enough to be younger than me & are curious then you should probably check out this website: http://www.esm.vt.edu/~sdross/text/quarterlifecrisis.html

I thought the whole quarter life crisis thing was a joke but apparently there is some truth to it. According to an article in the Guardian, "Being twentysomething now is scary – fighting millions of other graduates for your first job, struggling to raise a mortgage deposit and finding time to juggle all your relationships." <-- whole article


Awesome. So now I am 26, I should have everything all figured out, right?  I guess, you'll have to keep checking my posts. But... I can tell you i had a really fun 26th birthday!  Turning 26 was a much less stressful experience, even down to the party!


I keep trying to explore different parts of the city & try new restaurants but sometimes that is hard when I find one that I LOVE! For my birthday dinner my mom, my American friend Audrey & I  went to a place called Caffe Vergnano ! It is AMAZING. I have not been to Italy yet, but to me it seems really authentic. Our server was from Italy, and even the dryer in the bathroom was an Italian product. We shared a bottle of Proseco (Italian version of champagne), bruschetta, and I had seafood pasta. My favorite course was, of course, dessert & I had tiramisu. I look incredibly bloated in all my pictures we took after that but... I think it was worth it. 


Afterwards, we went to a place called The Sugar Cane in Clapham ! It was really fun, and I have not been anywhere like it in London! It is has a Tikki-Bar theme, two floors, and really yummy drinks. They actually had an amazing special of two for 1, £6 cocktails! It was a little out of the way, but it was nice not to have the Central London prices, places for everyone to sit, and skipping waiting in a long "queue" to get into the bar.  


It was an especially fun evening because a few international university friends came as well as new friends who are local Brits. It's always nice to see your friends meet & get along with your other friends. Hopefully, one day I will be somewhere where Undergrad, Post Grad, Work, High School and British friends can all be in one place, although, I am not sure everyone would be able understand each other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment